Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Pauper Twobert

I'm happy to introduce you to my Pauper Twobert! When I set out to design this cube I was shooting for an environment vastly new from my main cube. I figured a 2 to 4 player format would also be a nice option to have for a quicker setup and less commitment than a full 8 player draft. I had never before played a pauper format in Magic and spent a lot of time researching the gameplay of classic pauper cubes and learning to evaluate cards for this surprisingly powerful format.

What I ended up with was rich gameplay full of meaningful decisions and interaction. I've been drafting it non-stop with my partner since its creation and the games are incredibly fun.

The smaller card count and high amount of lands really allowed the most powerful cards and synergies to come together in decks and play against each other in wars of tempo and attrition. You can read more about my design goals for the cube and find the list on CubeCobra here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March of the Machine Considerations for Possibility Cube

Alright this year's been pretty busy and I'm a whole set and a half behind so let's get to talking about March of the Machine! I...